Wow! Huge thank you to Sidra over at the World of Ardis book blog, for tagging me for the Liebster Award. For those of you who don’t know, it’s a blog award for those who have 200 followers or less. To be considered to receive the award a blogger must; reveal eleven facts about themselves, answer eleven questions, tag eleven other bloggers for the award, and then ask eleven questions to the people they tagged. So here we go for mine!
Eleven Facts About Me:
1. I have been reading practically before I could walk! My parents always gave me books over toys as a kid and I think that really helped me be as passionate as I am about books, even today, 17 years later!
2. I have a guinea pig named after a character from a Jane Austen book! Can you guess which one?
3. The longest book I’ve ever read was Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (1,000+ pages!) and I read it when I was in 8th grade. That was a huge accomplishment for me and I felt I could really expand my horizons and not be so intimidated by the size of books.
4. I’ve played soccer for 6 years! I’m not the best but it’s a lot of fun and great exercise!
5. I want to eventually get my PhD! Before that however, I want to go to school to learn how to become an editor. It’s my dream to work at one of the big publishing houses.
6. One of my favorite shows is The Hills. I love Lauren Conrad, she seems like such a sweetheart and I also love her L.A.Candy series! I can’t wait to start the Fame Game series!
7. I’ve never broken a bone in my body! I’ve had sprained ankles, toes, and fingers, and dislocated elbows but no broken bones!
8. I have a reading bucket list. Basically, a list I made up of all the classics I’d like to read before I die. I haven’t even gotten half way through! I really need to work on that!
9. I’m a huge fan of writing letters! I love writing and receiving mail. Email seems so impersonal these days so it’s always nice to get a letter in my mail box every once and a while.
10. I don’t have a favorite color! If I absolutely had to choose I guess I would say purple because I seem to gravitate towards it but I’m not crazy obsessed with the color (I mean, my room’s green!). But my blog is purple!
Eleven Questions and Answers
1. Contemporary vs. Historical? Which do you prefer and why?
I think I prefer historical but I read more contemporary. It’s hard to find really well written historical fiction for teens, but once I do I gobble it up like a melting cookie. I love how the history is defined like that’s the way it happened you can’t change it, but then author’s change bits and pieces here and there to make it there own and I think it’s so cool to see how each author does it differently.
2. Any favorite villains? Who from what book, and why?
I really enjoy reading about snarky little drama queen, I’m-the-coolest-in-the-school type villains. Think of the mean girls from The Clique series by Lisi Harrison, or The Alphas series also by Lisi Harrison, The Daughters series by Joanna Philbin, or even from books like Snow Queen by Emma Harrison. They’re hilarious because in the end their own vain usually makes them screw up and it’s so easy to laugh at them.
3. Your MOST favorite book to date and why?
I can only choose one? That’s tough. Hm, probably Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. When I first picked up Pride and Prejudice in 7th grade I was skeptical that it would be too hard to read but I devoured that book in a matter of a few days. Plus I love every thing that has to do with Pride and Prejudice; the movies, the spin offs, the modern retellings, it’s all so cool to read about.
4. Real books vs. Ebooks, which do you prefer and why?
Another tough one. Okay so I love real books, they are my passion and I still love sitting down and reading a real book, but with the price of new hardbacks these days, it’s much cheaper to buy an Ebook. I love my Kindle I think it’s amazing, but nothing beats the smell, the feel, and the experience of reading from a printed, physical, copy.
5. Favorite genres? Why?
Teen chick lit; I love the sappy romance stories, they’re so cute. Dystopian; I love the fantastical worlds that authors can build up and I love seeing their take on how they think the world will be 100 years from now or some other extended time. Teen horror; I love a good scary book but they’re kind of hard to find. I don’t mean like Vampire Diaries, I mean like full on you are scared can’t sleep at night, horror. Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz was one of the few books I’ve found that truly scared me. That book was amazing (if you have any horror recommendations drop them in the comments down below! I’d love to hear them!). I like a little bit of action/adventure (think the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson) but not too much. Teen chick lit/romance is still my all-time favorite genre. Historical fiction; Kind of already explained above and lastly, mystery. Not necessarily teen mysteries, I don’t seem to like those too much, but Agatha Christie is one of my all-time favorite authors. She is a literary genius.
6. Ever cried due to a book? What book and why?
No, I don’t think I have. I mean sure, there are a lot of sad books but I don’t think they’ve made me cry. I might have cried when I read A Walk to Remember, but I’m not 100% certain.
7. Which do you prefer buying your books or borrowing from the library?
Buying! 100% buying! (Sigh, I miss Borders..) I love going to my used bookstores around my area and picking up tons of books for really cheap. I love the feel of cozy little bookshops too. If it was more economically practical I would love to open a bookstore. Buying books online is a lot of fun for me too!
8. How do you feel about love triangles?
If they are written well I love them! If they are written poorly….eh I get turned off by the book.
9. How many books have you read this year and do you have a goal how many you would like to read this year?
I have read 48 out of my goal of 150 books this year.